It's official! We're moving! We were offered an apartment managing position in Pleasant Hill (near Walnut Creek), CA. It wasn't our first preference (definitly sad to lose the back yard), but we're thankful to have a (free) place to live and a steady income. So now everything is kind of a whirlwind.
I'm taking the kids up to my sister's house this weekend for the 4th. Waf has been painting/fixing/preparing his Mom's house for their family reunion (next weekend). The next couple of weeks will be pretty crazy. Waf will go prepare the apartment we will be moving into next monday & tuesday, so it's all happening pretty quickly.
We have both agreed that this is not our end goal--we do not wish to be in an apartment forever. We are planning to work as hard as we can to pay off all of our debt (and save up as much as possible) before going for a house. We are also hoping to be able to send Waf to school during this time. We are thankful that the Lord has provided a way for us during this time. (P.S. Mat, I've seen property/apartment management opportunities in Logan-- it'd allow Jen to stay home with the girls and bring in a bit of extra income. Highly recommend looking into it)
5 comments:
good luck with the move!! I miss you guys! :)
If that's what you want.... good for you guys. Have you seen our entertainment blog? It's http://chadsaysrebeccasays.blogspot.com. I think of all people, you would find it entertaining the most.
Chad, it's not necessarily what we want, it is what is right for us at the moment.
I read your he says/she says blog all the time (there's a link to it from our blog), I just don't ever comment. I laughed really hard about your Mark McQuire cards. That figures, eh?
Thanks for the heads up. We're looking at everything we can. So far, no leads but that's okay too. Way to go on the new place.
Best wishes for you and your family!
Post a Comment