Thursday, July 30, 2009

Finishing Up

We are wrapping things up here in Kali, and preparing to head out to Utah. This will probably be my last post for a week or two while we get things settled. I wanted to write a couple of things before taking my hiatus.

A while ago two of my neices came over to help us take care of the boys while we ran errands and worked on packing. They've been asking me to teach them how to scrapbook ever since I made the books for the reunion. After the boys went to sleep I gave them both 12x12 scrapbooks and set them free with all of my stuff! (I'm still surprised at how much self-restraint I had that night! NOBODY touches my scrapbook stuff!!) It was soooo much fun watching them! They would say things like "you stole my idea!" "I did it first!" and "where's the gluestick?!" It got me really excited about scrapbooking with MY sisters again. My favorite line of the evening was from Emeline. They were bickering back and forth when Line said "Don't say anything else! I ran out of come backs!" It was a blast. Thanks ladies for letting me be a part of your scrapping world!

(L-R) Emeline, Alisina
One of the hard things about moving is leaving behind those you love. This is very much the case with these guys. These are some of the youth that my husband has been working with, in some cases, for a long time! My husband's first calling in this ward was as an assistant boy scout leader over the 11-12 year olds. That's where we first met Andrew (front left). We both loved him right from the start. He is an amazing kid, with so much potential! It was impossible not to love him. The rest of them came into our lives shortly after, and increased our capacity to love tenfold! We love these guys a lot, and I know I'll miss them like crazy!! (Waf will still be out here for a while, so he doesn't have to miss them yet :P)


(L-R) Andrew, David, Lei & Pate

We've been so blessed to know some great people here, and we will miss them. However, I will not say goodbye, because I happen to know that real friendships are not limited by distance! For my friends in UT, WATCH OUT HERE I COME!!

3 comments:

Mindy :) said...

Hope to get to see you!!!
Best of luck with the move.

Kiki Fangupo said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kiki Fangupo said...

such a sweet post. I love that quote by EmeLine =)