In the book of Genesis we learn about a variety of things. The one that I want to talk about is right after Adam and Eve eat the fruit of the Tree of Knowledge. God, in His wisdom, placed Cheribim and a flaming sword in front of the Tree of Life so that Adam and Eve would not live forever in their sins. (Genesis 3:24).
I kind of feel like that is similar to what happened to us...
Waf's work has been very unpredictable. We told the property managers (that we would be working for) about that, and that we didn't know until the night before if Waf worked the next day or not. We also knew that they need a lot of work done on the apartments ASAP (this company just purchased the apartment building, and needed to update a lot of things for the bank to approve the loan). We told the company that Leki is in summer school until July 22nd, but that Waf could move in on July 13th and start working on everything. We all agreed. Last week we found out that there was a lot of work on the books for Waf's current job (scaffold), and he told the lady (our new boss) that he would probably have to work. She was fine with it. Monday they call and ask where Waf was. Um, he's at work. They were all upset. They had put notices on all of the tenants doors saying that we would be moving in on the 13th. I said that Waf still could move in that day, but that he was at work (hadn't they made it very clear that he was to keep his job?!) and wouldn't be there until evening. She (the boss) said she'd have to talk to the other managers (they own 3 properties in the same area and those managers have been taking care of our building until we could move in) and that she'd call me back. She didn't. Waf called as soon as he got off of work and left her a message apologizing for the misunderstanding (I had left one earlier that day). She had her assistant call back and tell him that they didn't want us anymore. That we were "irresponsible" and didn't want us representing them. So suddenly we had no place to live (we had already handed in our 30 day notice here) and no steady job.
We had to make the drive to Walnut Creek to return the keys and pick up the ladder Waf had taken out there (when he painted and cleaned the apartment that we will not be living in), and strangely, we both felt very much at peace. We are upset that things happened the way that they did, but we know that it wasn't right after all. We're thankful to know that now, BEFORE we had moved in and gotten situated.
I feel like although it wasn't literally Cheribim and a flaming sword, we were prevented from more heartache and pain (and who knows what else!). I'm thankful that God, in His infite wisdom, has a place and a plan for me and my family. Do I know what it is? Not a clue! But I do know there is one! And that is enough.
Our current plans, you ask? We spoke with our current landlords and asked if we could retract the 30 day notice and stay the rest of our lease (thru August). They are very kind and understanding (always have been!) and are happy to let us stay an extra month. This at least gives us more time to figure things out (and to have one AMAZING yard sale! lol). We will be moving back in with my parents for a few months until we can get back on our feet. We're thinking that we'll take a load out and stay for my family reunion (first weekend in August) then come back and clean out our apartment before permanently relocating. That's about as far as our plans go, for now. The good news is that I'll be able to hang out with all my UT friends again! I've been wanting you all to meet my husband :)
4 comments:
Wow oh wow oh wow! I'm going to have to call you, but at least you get to go to the reunion! :]
I'm so glad that you guys found out that the people you would be working for were not the nicest people. YEs it definitely would have led to an unpleasant situation. Things will work out.
Life's crazy! Good luck relocating. It'll be fun to see you in August.
I love that you have such a positive outlook Suzanne. It really inspires me. Best of luck for you and your family.
Where in Utah will you be?
Post a Comment