Sunday, July 19, 2009

Family Reunion (Tongan Style)

Last weekend we had Waf's family reunion. I have to say IT ROCKED! I was nervous for a few reasons. First of all, it was my first Tongan family reunion. Second, I was greatly outnumbered. Thirdly, I was on the committee which means that if it didn't go well, I might be held responsible.

Anyway, it all went pretty well, and I mostly enjoyed the experience. Here's the chronological breakdown...
Day One. BBQ at the park. Lots of eating and talking.


Day Two: Tour bus ride around San Francisco.



First Stop: Twin Peaks


Then we walked the Golden Gate


Lunch at Fisherman's Wharf


After the tour, we went home to prepare for that night's talent show.
This year each family was assigned a different country.

our bollywood dancers
My favorite (BY FAR) was Grandma!
Her group represented Japan,
and they danced to "Kung Fu Fighting"


She is so spunky, it's awesome!


(Check out the white girls' tan-lines!!)
The following day was spent in Santa Cruz
at the beach and the Boardwalk

We had a blast, and we look forward to next years!
(especially since we aren't planning it!)



4 comments:

The Firths said...

Wonderful pictures. Glad it went well.

Amber said...

That does look like a lot of fun!

Chad said...

You don't look tongan at all.

Chad said...

Chuck Norris counted to infinity....TWICE!