Since our last posting, we've had some great times! The first notable thing that happened was Waf's birthday! He had been missing his family for a while (we don't live far, but we don't get down there as much as he would like). Growing up, they used to go to the local Marie Callender's for the breakfast buffet...so that was my gift to him!
Earlier this week we were invited to our friend's birthday party. We had a blast! They had all sorts of fun games. For one of the games, all of the kids sat on the middle of a bed sheet. We put a ton of balloons on, grabbed a corner, and sent the balloons flying! It was a blast! Leki also won a prize for doing the best job at pinning the tail on the doggy. It was great!
As for Enos, he turned 18 months this week! That means we get to attempt Nursery next week. I'm not too hopeful. He's very much a Momma's boy. I just think it's crazy that we're already at this point!
And yes, that is him creating his own picnic all over the floor.
One note about me. I tried to make strawberry freezer jam for the first time ever this week. There were a few setbacks, but the jam is SOOOO good!!
3 comments:
I can't believe Enos is 18 months! Happy birthday Waf and Leki is so dang handsome! We can't wait to see you guys!
yum... i love freezer jam. recipe?
Heather,
The reason I attempted it in the first place is because I kept hearing how easy it is to make. Here is our "secret family recipe." Buy some pectin and follow the directions on the back. Serious. That's it. A tad bit of advice that I DIDN'T have prior to my experience--if you buy the no cook kind (which I did) it won't seal in jars. Use plastic containers. Another thing. If you DO use jars, don't fill them all the way. They'll explode.
Happy Freezing!
Post a Comment