Timeline:
8:15AM- Easter Bunny comes while
Daddy makes breakfast.
8:45 AM- Breakfast is over, tantrums begin.
9:15 AM- Convince kids tantrums are bad, Easter eggs are in the back yard, and they are filled with CANDY! (I even showed Leki the Easter eggs thru his window).
9:20 AM- Boys have shoes on and are ready to go find the eggs!
(Leki was a lot happier about it this year than years past. As soon as he found out about the candy he'd empty the eggs and throw them back on the ground...)
9:25 AM- Boys are more interested in the grass than any thing else. Parents pick up remaining stash of eggs.
9:30AM- Parents round boys and eggs up to go inside for cartoons and pigging out (both of which parents enjoy, but boys don't really care about either activity).
Ok, now I'm going to "toot my own horn" for a minute. In my last post I wrote about my strawberry jam. I bought a HUGE amount of strawberries, and I was left with a bunch of cute little green baskets. I had an idea. Why not make these cute little green baskets into even cuter little Easter baskets? So I cut strips of colored paper and weaved them thru the basket. I filled them with little plastic easter eggs, candy, home-made cards and pictures of the boys! We went and delivered them to some elderly friends of ours in our ward. We had so much fun, and our friends loved them too!
5 comments:
I loved this post! that was a very good idea for the strawberry baskets and very thoughtful too.
Very creative! We didn't even try eggs this year. The pictures were fantastic!
blahahaha thanks for the play by play. I would love to have been a fly on the wall.
Where is it that you live again? I now have a car out here-- I would love to come and see you!!!
Sounds like you had a wonderful easter! I loved your strawberry baskets ~ very cute!
i too loved the play by play... your boys are darling... and i'm starting to understand the tantrums and stuff... SUPER FUN.
Post a Comment