Sunday, April 19, 2009

Family

My sister and her family came down from Redding this week. Dee had some work seminars to go too not far from us, so they made a weekend out of it! Diantha and the kids came down on Wednesday to hang out with us, then they went CAMPING! (We'll save that insanity for just a minute).






There are a lot of birthdays around this time (Dee & Waf were last month, Kenna's is tuesday, Tyler & Ellie's are in May), so we decided to have a combined Unbirthday party! It was a blast!





Di found a box of presents for Leki and Enos (my parents sent it with them for Christmas...long story short it was misplaced and forgotten...), so even THEY had a present to open! It was so funny!






On to the insanity. So on Wednesday, when they got here, there was a 60 mph ice cold, bone chilling wind. It was cold enough at nights to have a space heater on in the boys room. I had spoken to Di earlier in the week. Her van was in the shop. Her kids were sick. Wednesday morning, I called "to see if they had left" (to see if she was still crazy enough to attempt this camping trip). She was on her way. I started brainstorming indoor activities, in case they decided to stay here instead. (This illustrates the differences between Di's faith and my "logic.") As usual, she was right. The last couple of days have been so beautiful! We ended up meeting them at their campsite yesturday (Big Basin in Boulder Creek-near Santa Cruz). And, except for a couple of near death experiences, it was GREAT!




I call this picture "Night and Day." :P

4 comments:

Chad said...

Near death experiences make any trip exciting.

Kendra said...

We went camping last week and had a few NDE ourserlves

Anonymous said...

Hey Powell I just wanted to let you know I was here. I am happy to see that you and Vanisi are happy and healthy and that your family is doing well. Your boys are so super cute.

Have a great day.

Hiles

Amber said...

please share the near death experiences. You know how much James loves those.