Monday, October 13, 2008

Husband Tag

Ok, so I wasn't officially tagged. I stole this idea from Heather's blog. I loved it, and I had to have some more of it. Plus my husband really deserves more appreciation than he gets & this is a good opportunity for me to brag a bit about him.

Husband Tag

1.Where did you meet? On our mission. He was an Elder, I was a Sister. (Nothing happened DURING the mission!)

2. How long did you date before you got married? About 8 months...

3. How long have you been married? Almost four years. March 12!!

4. What is your favorite feature of his? Hmmm, where to start? His enormous heart. His huge muscles. Especially the shoulders. There's a great patch of chest hair that I LOVE.

5. What is your favorite quality of his? He is soooo patient. I appreciate his unconditional love & how quick he is to forgive and forget.

6. Does he have a nickname for you? Uh, not really. Babe.

7. What is his favorite color? He has four. Black, white, gray & blue.

8. What is his favorite food? Lu. Poor guy doesn't get that unless he goes to his Mom's house though!
9. What is his favorite sport? Football & Rugby

10. When and where was your first kiss? At his Mom's house. He came home (from his mission) for surgery & I went over to make sure he was ok. Then we realized we were in love.

11. What is your favorite thing to do as a couple? Eat good food & watching a good flick, or compete at everything (I usually lose at wrestling)!

12. Do you have any children?we have 2 crazy boys...Leki & Enos. They keep us entertained.

13. Does he have a hidden talent? Organizing. He's amazing at organizing things. He's also really good at making people feel comfortable. One that's not hidden? The man can make a mean BBQ!

14. How old is he? 25 (yes, I'm older than him. But he's definitly more mature...)

15.Who said "I love you" first? I honestly don't remember! (Sorry Honey!)

16. What is his favorite type of music? He loves stuff from every type of music. He loves reggae, but he can also sing Shania like no other!

17. What do you admire the most about him? Wow. Soooo much to choose from. He tries hard at everything he does. He works hard at work, Church and home, but he also goes to school and works hard at his classes. I really admire that he is the same person no matter where he is. He's a great example of integrity.

18. Do you think he will read this? Probably-- to make sure I didn't say anything embarrassing.


Next week is kind of a monumentous time for us for two reasons. Waf is becoming a journeyman at work (instead of an apprentice. The difference? Apprentices work on the crews. Journeymen RUN crews. So this also comes with a nice fat raise, which is nice.)

The other reason is that Waf belongs to a union, and he was asked by the union to be the "shop steward." (Basically, he'll be the middle man between the shop & the union-- making sure the shop is treating workers right). When he journey's out, he will also be named the "shop steward."

Funny side note~ when he first told me about the "shop steward" thing, I asked if that was a big deal. He said "well, I'll be the first one." and I said "at the shop?" and he said "in the history of the Union." and I said "OH! So it IS a big deal!"

I'm really proud of my husband for working so hard, and I'm happy he's finally being appreciated for what he has done! He is so dedicated to whatever he puts his mind too, and I'm really grateful for all that he does!

1 comment:

Heather said...

ya! i'm glad you stole this tag... its so fun to hear about your honey!