We now officially have our 3rd son! Aisea (Isaiah, tongan style) has arrived! Before I get into the details, I'll say that u can find some picts of him here until 6/14. (if that doesn't work, go to http://www.bellababyphotography.com/ the password is 0528aiseavanisi )
Now that that's out of the way, we'll continue.
As most of you know, this was a difficult pregnancy with many complications. It all made me extremely nervous. My Dr was nervous about him coming too fast (because Enos did). She felt that it'd be better to induce me so that we could have as much control over the situation as possible. The thought of him coming a week early sounded great to me! No arguement there.
We set the date for Friday, May 28th.
One of the scares was that I tested positive for the Strep B bacteria , which also meant that my Dr wanted me on antibiotics for AT LEAST 4 hours prior to delivery. Yuck. So basically Friday went like this. Go to the hospital early in the morning. Wait around for a couple of hours until someone can give me the antibiotics, then wait around 4 more hours wishing I had something to eat. About 1:20 PM, the nurses came back in to give me the 2nd dose of antibiotics & start me on pitocin. More waiting, this time I was also wishing I didn't have to take a ton of cords and IV's with me to the bathroom. The pitocin was bringing on more contractions and a bit more dialation, but nothing super serious.
Finally. About 5 o'clock my Dr comes in. She says it's time to break my water. Fabulous. Let's get this show on the road! After the water breaking, things move right along! Contractions are extremely unpleasant, and I decide to get an epideral (it was a very hard choice for me up until this point! I had an epi w/ Leki and it was more painful than the fast labor w/ Enos...). Magic man comes in and numbs me right up-- no more pain, just pressure! It was beautiful. And just in time too! I was at a 10 within seconds, and Aisea was out 3 contractions later! I could not believe how smooth it went! SOOOOO thankful for that one!
'Sea's stats:
7 lbs 8 oz
19 1/2 inches
Healthy, healthy, healthy! Thank goodness!
Now, just for good measure I'll add the few pictures I got.
Proud Papa

(Enos only LOOKS mean in this pict. He was surprisingly happy to see the baby and wanted to hold him the whole time!)

7 comments:
CONGRATULATIONS AGAIN! I seriously am so excited to meet him. I'm sure he's darling since his brother's are knock-outs. Any dimples? Love to you all!
Congratulations on the arrival of Aisea! You have a mighty cute family. All my best.
Wait what?!?! I can't believe your baby is already here!? Has it really been that long?
congratulations! You have a cute family and cute boys.
He's a cutie. Glad that things are over and that they went mostly smoothly.
Congratulations!
YAY!! Congrats!! What a beautiful family!
Post a Comment