Enos
Waiting for their turn on the train.
They have TONS of the huge bouncers there (jumping is extremely good for autism. The stimulation allows their brains to focus--that's how we taught Leki the ABC's & 123's). The boys LOVED jumping, but Enos realized that the bouncer next to them was Lightening McQueen & HAD to show Leki!
I've seen Cars so many times that I know exactly how long of a nap I will be able to get in if I turn it on. That knowledge has been extremely useful during a LONG summer!
Other things they have that I didn't post pictures of: Star Wars characters (got pix of them last year, so didn't bother this year. Of course I can't find them now.) Darth Vader, Luke Skywalker, Boba Fett, storm troopers (white and red), and this year an Ewok. Pretty cool. They also had Nemo walking around. There are tons of fun things like face painting, balloon animals, and great activities. They also have booths with stuff to buy and info about autism resources.
I think my favorite part is that people with autistic kids can RELAX there (to an extent). We KNOW that everyone around us GETS IT!! We can just let our kids be who they are without fear of judgement or harsh, hurtful comments. If only for one day, we can simply have fun.
A HUGE thank you to Sahara, Wheeler Farm, and the many volunteers who make this a wonderful time!
2 comments:
What a great time! I like the look of the blog..
That looks like a lot of fun. Especially that train, so cute!I liked the part about naps during cars. I can relate.
Post a Comment