Last week I had myself a nice pity party. I've been really bummed lately over a few things--mostly that baby Aisea (Isaiah, tongan style) will be here soon (REALLY soon), and our situation has not changed. I'm totally thankful that my parents have let us stay here for as long as we have, but I'm ready to have our own space again. My poor husband has been working VERY hard to get us going (WAY TOO HARD!! He's worked 300 hours out of the 336 hours in the last two weeks!). It's been like that for at least 6 weeks now. Waf working so much has also taken it's toll...on ALL of us. The little time that he's been home (and not asleep) we've been arguing. Both of us are just so tired. I finally asked him to slow down at work- admitting that I really need the help here occasionally (this pregnancy has been super painful)- and ironically, the next day we find out his cousin passed away. Now he's got this whole week off, but he's in California so we still won't see him! Gotta love the irony. Anyway, all of this added up to me having a nice big pity party for myself.
Well, as the Lord usually does, He found a loving way to let me know that things could be much worse.
There is a lady in my ward here that I have always looked up too. She has 3 kids, 2 of whom have Downs Syndrome. Ever since I was young (her youngest is now fifteen), she has brought the kids to church by herself. Sadly, I haven't seen anyone help her with them. I've even apologized for not helping her myself, now that I better understand how hard that must be. She has never complained, and she is always smiling. She loves her family, she loves her life. That in itself is amazing. She happened to have a pretty bad fall about a week & a half ago, and she went in for an MRI. She came out with a diagnosis of cancer. Funny thing is that when she told me, she was still smiling. I was about to cry, but she was still smiling. This is pretty much one of the nicest ladies I've ever met. Always willing to do anything she could for others, but not really getting a break for herself.
And I had been upset because I still have a place for my family to sleep and food to eat.
I do wish our situation were different. I won't lie. However, I am now focusing on trusting in the Lord. I don't know what He has planned for us. I don't know WHY we are still here, but I do know that we are supposed to be here & that when we have done what He needs us to do, He will take us to the next step.
3 comments:
I hate those kind of lessons. Here I was thinking that we're okay too and maybe I'd like a little different... then I read your story about the wonderful lady. Gee, I'm not feeling too bad about things... Hope things improve dramatically rapidly. :)
Puck I want you to know that I love and admire you. You have always had a great deal of faith. I know that you know that everything happens for a reason :) Congrats on your upcoming addition to your family :) I didn't know you were pregnant! You are awesome and wonderful and the Lord has more blessings in store for you than you can possibly imagine! keep the faith and remember this too shall pass.
this is the THIRD "perspective lesson" that I have read today from a friend. I can't say thank you enough for sharing these kinds of lessons. I've been thinking a lot about this principle and I just hope and pray that I can have the same faith and trust in the Lord through ALL times. love you!
-Sunbeam
Post a Comment