My Dad fixed everything, my Mom cleaned everything, and we all got spoiled! It was almost like I was the one on vacation, not them!
They drove in on Saturday, so we pretty much just hung out that evening. Sunday was Church (ours is 11:30-2:30, which throws naptime off completely...) Enos still hates nursery. For the second time, he barfed all over and we went home early. Yuck. Seriously, the kid can't be away from me for 5 minutes. Mostly endearing, slightly annoying. (Counted as a low, although, let's be honest, some days it's nice to leave a bit early).
My parents LOVE Trader Joes so we were sure to go and buy all the super good stuff we shouldn't have (including those Maple Leaf cookies, per Liz B's suggestion). Definitly highs here. Waf didn't have to work on Monday, so he took my Dad around downtown SF.
Somewhere along the way my Mom got this crazy bruise, and we decided that the most believable story was that I lost at Rummi cubes (what?! I like to WIN!). The honest truth was that my 3 year old took her out playing "London Bridge." She fell into our entertainment center, and, being the great person she is, first checked to make sure our fish were ok! (Unfortunately, they all survived).
Tuesday was supposed to be the "Grand Finale." We were planning to go to the beach Boardwalk in Santa Cruz (about 1 hour south of us) during the day, then head to another performance of "Wicked." Well, we were heading to the gas station when BAM! Car accident! That makes 2 in less than a year. Thankfully nobody was hurt! It was just crappy.
We didn't go to Santa Cruz. We DID go to Little Lucca's (world's best sandwich shop), then to the beach in Pacifica (thus the picture). We still made it to "Wicked", which was just as fabulous the second time!
My parents have gone, and I am already missing them like crazy! PLEASE COME BACK SOON!!
4 comments:
I love when parents come for a visit, but seriously hate when they leave! Moms and Dads are the best vistors!!
I'm so sorry that Enos barfed at church. That wouldn't make me happy at all.
I'm so happy you tried the Maple Leaf Cookies. I hope you liked them as much as I did. I'm flattered that I got a shout out!
I'm thinking I might need to get on the bandwagon and see Wicked. Sounds like it is a fabulous show.
Whatever, you beat your parents into babysitting for you didnt you? I knew it. Where is the bruise on your dad? Hmmmm?
sounds like a blast!! and I will say AMEN! to little Luccas!! oh I miss cali!
I'm finally catching up! YAY INTERNET! I love your last post. Perfect. Thank you guys for coming up - I know it can stress you out (what sleep?) but I loved having you guys here. Don't let the boys grow anymore before I see them again. Miss you already!
Post a Comment