Sunday, August 3, 2008

Winding Down

Suddenly it's August. Summer is winding down, and we are left with bewilderment. Where did it go? We've had a lot of fun at various beaches and parks this year. This is a personal favorite of Enos at Shadow Cliffs park in Pleasanton, CA. He loves getting as much sand in his mouth as possible. He'd do a face plant, get his sand, look around, and start over. Really grossed me out, but there's only so much I can do...This park was our last "summer fun" outing. It's been kind of a bummer (for me, not the boys) because nobody has shown up since we decorated t-shirts for the 4th of July. Things have been busy & schedules haven't cooperated. We've enjoyed getting out anyway.

Another ending... summer school. Somehow I've made it thru school (online during naps/nights), AND managed to get good grades. I'm relieved. I'm also signed up for full time next semester. I will be getting an AS in spring, and then I figure I'll be good for a while. I would love to get my BS, but realistically, it isn't going to happen right away. Maybe when the boys start school I'll go back (again). For now, I am happy and thankful for the experience & I am thrilled to get my AS.


What I'm really happy about? CHUCK!! This is my favorite tv show of all time, and I can't wait for it to come back on! (Sept 29th). Pathetic, I know.




4 comments:

Kendra said...

I'm always sad to see summer go, too. I miss my kids when they are gone to school all day. School starts a week from tomorrow for us. I can't believe it!

Heather said...

im jealous you get to just go to the beach whenever you want! not fair!

Vanisi Family said...

Dear Heather,
USU offers extension courses.C'mon out. Besides, Bear Lake isn't too far :)

Brookeh said...

Congratulations on getting your degree. I'm working on my BS for education online, but I have to go full time for the financial aid. It is soo hard! I'm proud of you. And hey I am a huge fan of Chuck as well!! It's my favorite show, and I was so sad when it wasn't on in the spring. I can't wait for the end of September either.