Thursday, August 21, 2008

Memory Lane

I saw this on Cricket's (aka. Julie's) Blog, and I liked the idea. So I'm copying it. You can too, if you want.

20 Years Ago, 1988- I had just turned 8 years old. I was baptized into the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints on my birthday by my Dad, and was confirmed the next day by my Grandpa.

15 Years Ago, 1993- I was 13, and hating every minute of it. (Probably not as much as my parents did). I think it was around this time that I bought my first CD-- either U2 War, or Ace of Bass.

10 Years Ago, 1998- I had just graduated from Hunter High School, gone on two vacations (one was up the California & Oregon coastline with my folks, the other was with my oldest sister to South Dakota--we made a pact to go somewhere we'd never been before each year. One year was to be somewhere in the US, the following year was to be outside of it. That didn't last long, but the trips we DID go on ROCKED!) After my two *awesome* vacations, I moved out of my parents house & up to Logan, UT (woohoo!) where I had some of the best times of my life.

5 Years Ago, 2003- I was a newly returned missionary. I served in the Oklahoma City, OK mission. I was deciding what I wanted to do with my life, since I had goofed off for most of my stay in Logan.

1 Year Ago, 2007- I had been married for 2 1/2 years (to a former Elder in my mission) with an almost 2 year old (honeymoon baby), and I was 8 months pregnant with our second. I had just quit my part time job (my husband broke his ankle at work, so I went back part time. I found out I was pregnant the weekend before I was supposed to start my job, and I was irate.)

6 Months Ago, February 2008- Not really sure. Memory left when children came.

Yesturday, August 20- I took Leki to pre-school in the morning. I wasn't feeling well, so there was sporatic tv involvement. I think we went to a park in the afternoon too. Not exactly sure (see above statement), but that's pretty typical.

Today, August 21- Tried not to go crazy. My husband started school this week, so I haven't actually seen him since Monday. I've been trying to think of things to do with the kids that would keep us all happy.

Tomorrow, August 22- More of the same, most likely. I might head to a beach in the morning. I have to go to Borders, and since there's one right by the beach anyway...
I'm hoping to hang out with my hubbie some time.

3 comments:

The Firths said...

I really liked that idea. I don't think that my memory is that good. I'll have to try it though.

Amber said...

This was fun to read. I am also trying to think of things to do to keep Jonas happy and myself happy so let me know when you think of a good one. Today I filled up a tub of water outside and it kept Jonas happy for quite a while.

Rose/Mama/Aunt said...

Fun stuff