Things that make me happy:
(and the excitement Enos exuberates at the aquarium. See last post)
Things that make me sad:
(and endless nights with little sleep.)
Things I miss:
(the simplicity, independence, friends, family, ward, ocean and weather in California)
(and my husband)
Things I've been doing:
Cake decorating class
(Second attempt. Ditto)
It's been really busy. I plan to resume soon, but needed a break.
Things I don't have pix of:
Finance Seminar. In addition to the weekly cake decorating, I am also enrolled in a 6 week finance seminar. Boys will start tumbling classes on wednesdays, which is why I have not yet enrolled in the second of the cake decorating classes. Plus I'd like to improve and (hopefully) perfect the techniques I've already learned.
Book Club. I have been part of a book club for most of our time here. This month's book "The Last Lecture" by Randy Pausch. Totally loved it! Check out his actual last lecture here. (Not the same as the book! Read that too!) I've really appreciated being part of the book club. It's given me something to look forward too each month. Plus I've been introduced to so many great books that I wouldn't have known about otherwise! Here's to another year of great reading!
Game Night. Tuesday nights my Dad hosts the 11 year old scouts. I am lucky enough to be friends (or frenemys) with a couple of the Mom's of these boys. Tuesday nights while the boys are busy scouting, we are busy playing games and eating treats in the basement. It is one of my favorite things ever!
3 comments:
What's the finance seminar? Dave Ramsey or something like that? The cake looked awesome!
Just what I wanted - YOU! Sounds like you and Waf need another honeymoon. Or a house LOL. I loved "The Last Lecture" too. Your book-club has influenced me too. :) Cakes look great, you'll be so good you can do McKenna's wedding cake when that time rolls around. (Another 20 years btw.) Miss you!
YOU are so lucky, As I was reading the top part I was so offended that MY picture was not front and center on your list of favorite things :) LOL. I guess you kind of made up for it with the last message on your post. Thanks for being such an AWESOME "Frienemy" I really look forward to game night too. I hope we always keep the tradition even when you get your own house (if I ever stop praying against you) Booooohahahaha ;)Reguardless of what you "miss" and how you "feel" I am glad you came to Utah and that I got a chance to meet you and "Laf" hahaha.
Post a Comment