Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Guilty

Ok, after writing that last post I feel really guilty for having not posted anything about Christmas or our wonderful trip to Logan. Since I don't have picts of Christmas (my bad), I'll post about Logan. It was wonderful. The End. Ok, just kidding. We did have a great time. We loved seeing everyone and doing lots of "nothing in particular." We went up over MLK weekend (starting Thursday afternoon--Leki got out of school early, so we headed up that afternoon).
Thursday I wanted it to be family time, so we checked into our hotel, went swimming, had Papa Kelseys (scrumptious), and watched a movie.
Friday was cold. Super cold. At least in the morning. So we scrapped our morning plans and decided to do our "factory runs." We went to Pepperidge Farm factory, Gossners factory & uneventfully searched for the rumored Fat Boy factory. We stocked up on all the fabulous things we shouldn't be consuming (cookies & chocolate milk). Man, I love Pepperidge Farm. Later that day (when things had warmed up considerably) we headed out to our friends Slade & Stephanie Gurrs house where we also met up with Britany and Jared Jorgenson. The Gurrs live near Gibson Park, which happens to be a great place to go sledding, so that is what was done!
Stephanie, Cambree & Slade Gurr
Jared, Britany (w/ new baby on the way), and Emerson Jorgenson

Me (w/ new baby on the way), Enos, Leki & Waf

Big thanks to the Gurrs who provided us with these pictures!! Otherwise, this would be a boring post (we all know we look at these things for the pictures). Anyway, we had a blast hanging out with this crowd well into the night (meaning like 8 PM when our kids had had enough--remember the pre-children days when we actually had a contest to see who could stay up the longest??). We loved every moment of our time together! (Can you tell I've really missed having FRIENDS around??)

Saturday was kind of a disappointment (at least the first part of the day). We hadn't been able to get hold of our friends Mat & Jen Firth, so we decided to go for a drive. We drove up to 2nd Dam area (which was always my favorite spot when residing in Logan--I would go up there to "ponder" or really just enjoy the beauty). Of course it had been covered w/ snow & was too dangerous to go down without an ice pick (must have left mine at home...), so we just took some pictures of the still amazing scenery & decided to try out Hardware Ranch. I hadn't been to Hardware Ranch before & was under the impression that you ride horse-drawn carridges up into the canyons & scope out the elk. That was a partially correct impression. There were horse-drawn carridges and elk involved, but the elk were fenced in. That was slightly disappointing. Between that disappointment and the insanely long lines, we decided to head back to our hotel for another swim time. We were able to get a hold of the Firths and headed over there for an evening of catching up. Again, fun times were had. (Sorry, no pictures of this event)

Sunday we headed out. I cried all the way out of Cache Valley!! I blame it on the hormones. We stopped by Mindy Owens house in Brigham City (SURPRISE!!), but without much hope as it was 11 AM on a Sunday. (Not surprisingly) nobody was home. We had a wonderful time in Logan, and we deeply miss being there already. My sweet little guys keep asking about our next vacation. Maybe Presidents Day :)

Thanks to my Logan-ites who have been there for me for 10 YEARS! I love and miss you guys like crazy & I hope to see you again soon.

8 comments:

Chad said...

You went to second dam and the dam thing was covered with dam snow? Hmmm. Too bad. That brings back some memories though even for me.

Chad said...

I should have said dam memories.

Treadways said...

Ahhhh Cache Valley. What sweet memories it holds! However, I don't recall the snow being sweet. I remember it being cold and sucky. They must have changed Hardware Ranch because there wasn't a fence when I was there last...8 years ago. Gaaa! SOunds like you had a great time and it made me sigh nostalgically reading about your trip. I'll wait for warmer days to visit, though!

Pals Place said...

You made me home sick! I grew up in Cache Valley and think I need to get back more often! Sounds like a fun trip.

Amber said...

I miss Chache Valley too. Except for the freezing coldness. I'm glad that you guys got to do that. Wish we could have come too.

The Firths said...

It was AWESOME to see you four. We had a blast! Thanks for the ice cream and all!!!!

Mindy :) said...

cry, cry, cry -- I can't believe you were right here, and I missed you.....

next itme you come up - you have got to come by when I am home.

Oh and if you have time, you can drive out to Corinne with us and see the house we are building :)

Mindy :) said...

Oh, and did you drive by the Brigham City Temple site? it's just like 2 blocks from my house - right across from the tabernacle.