Happy Halloween Everyone! We had a blast this year! We got a hand-me-down demon costume for Enos (thanks Leka
!), and it was super cute!
I have a hard time BUYING Halloween costumes, because they will most likely only be worn once or twice, so we usually try to be creative and make something out of what we already have. We had a couple of ideas this year. The "winner" was a surfer (that wouldn't hold still long enough for a picture). Waf made a surf board out of cardboard & strapped it over Leki's shoulder. It was awesome.
Background Info about our previous Halloween experiences:
We live at the end of a cul-de-sac, in the back part of a duplex--we've only had 2 trick-or-treaters in the 2+ years that we've lived here... and last year Leki got exactly 3 peices of candy! So we weren't sure how things were going to play out this year. We decided to all go together (last year I stayed home to hand out candy! HA!). At first I kind of felt bad that nobody had stayed home, because we saw at least 5 trick-or-treaters out. After a good amount of candy, the boys were starting to get cold & restless. We decided to call it a night and started the walk back home. We walked past a house that was handing out candy (AND "adult beverages" to the parents), just focused on getting our cold kids home when all of a sudden we hear "WAIT! WE HAVE CANDY! COME BACK!!" The only thing that could've made that even funnier is if the lady had actually been chasing us. What's even better is that our other neighbors (closer to our house) heard us coming & came outside. They just stood on their porch with a basket full of candy and waited for us to get there! When we reached their house, the lady smiled and said "We don't get many trick-or-treaters down here! Take extra!"
...I didn't feel quite so guilty about deciding to go trick-or-treating with my guys after that...
7 comments:
Halloween is such a great holiday for upset tummies and cavities. I think dentists love it... Either way, I ate too much.
That's so much fun. I can't wait until I have my own kids to do it with.
thats too funny... we're in the basement and we only got like 4 or 5 groups all night too. We feel the same way when people come... TAKE A BUNCH!
your boys are adorable! I love the surfer idea! how cute!!!! next year you should come trick or treating at our house. :)
I love halloween. I usually make our costumes, but this year I gave in when my son wanted badly to be Iron Man. I was not attempting that. plus, he even sings the song AND he will wear it (he hasn't taken it off yet)
hello!!! hello!! I found you through the wheelrights!! how in the world are you guys??? I miss you SO much!! your family is so cute!! i would love to hear from you!!
I like chasing kids at Halloween...Oh wait, that's not what happened right?
Here's my smart ass remark: Give us a new update already!
Post a Comment